Customer Care Rep
Provide the highest level of customer service to active and potential subscribers through the use of exceptional customer focus. Handle inbound calls to assist with customer inquiries and retain subscriptions. Make outbound calls to follow up on service issues and retain customers.
- Handle all inbound and outbound customer calls in a professional manner by utilizing effective communication and problem solving skills.
- Answer incoming calls and initiate outbound calls with urgency in order to achieve department phone goals.
- Listen attentively to customer requests, adhering to quality call guidelines to ensure the highest level of professionalism.
- Accurately process customer requests to ensure quality transactions and exceed customer expectations.
- Complete miscellaneous duties as assigned to promote teamwork and contribute to the overall function of the department.
- Successfully able to meet department standards for call quality and productivity.
- Successfully able to meet department standards for subscriber retention.
- Communicate customer feedback to the field that will assist them in identifying opportunities to improve service and to anticipate and respond to changing customer needs.
- Seek and maintain knowledge of policies, procedures, and computer system within the Circulation Department.
- Participate in training and development to upgrade job knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrate and maintain knowledge of product, procedures, and services by; reading the newspaper, reading daily updates, referring to reference materials, and attending all assigned training/development classes.
- Process all necessary forms, completely, clearly, and with accurate information to ensure effective and timely customer problem resolution by other departments.
- Utilize problem-solving skills and product knowledge to identify customer problems and implement correct procedures to solve problems in a timely manner.
- Make proper and accurate computer entries ensuring the highest level of communication to the field, resulting in customer satisfaction.
- Use appropriate system codes when handling calls.
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Previous customer service experience is required.
- Excellent customer service ability as well as strong verbal communication skills.
- Must be motivated and able to achieve designated retention goals.
- Must be flexible with work schedule; must be reliable and arrive to work on time with excellent attendance.
Meet Some of Hearst Media Services's Employees
Social Media Specialist
Mea manages Hearst Media Services' organic and paid social media client accounts. Using the latests trends and tools, she researches innovative ways to help clients expose and expand their brands with click-worthy content.
Back to top