Copy Editor/Page Designer
Hearst Connecticut Media Group seeks a part-time copy editor and page designer for its universal desk, based at the Connecticut Post in Bridgeport, CT. The candidate will design news, business and sports pages, as necessary, for four daily newspapers and five weeklies as well as edit copy, write headlines, and captions. Assignments vary daily/nightly.
- Edit copy, write headlines, rewrite captions, design and paginate news, business and sports pages, and proofread all pages.
- Work with designers on A1s and section fronts.
- Download weather maps, stock charts, other PDFs, proof pages.
- College degree preferred.
- 1-2 years prior experience preferred.
- CCI/Newsgate or related experience helpful.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent English and proofreading skills required.
- Must be detail oriented and meet tight deadlines.
- Solid working knowledge of current events.
- Familiarity with news content on a daily basis.
Hearst Media Services CT is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, creed, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, homelessness, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Back to top