We have 2 full time positions open! Schedule is 3rd shift, 1:30am-9am. The Circulation Manager position is individually responsible for the circulation of papers, TMC’s, SMC and all alternate publications in their assigned area along with overseeing the warehouse and warehouse staff.
- Recruiting, contracting, and training carriers.
- Handling any service issue in their area, which includes contacting the customer when needed.
- Monitor performance of carriers, and discuss repetitive problems.
- Must have a working knowledge of Circulation Operating System
- Uphold strict service standards
- When necessary, terminate carrier contracts.
- Delivers down/open routes as needed.
- Assist with redelivery of newspapers when needed.
- Analyze routes to determine if customer service, company profit, or carrier profit can be improved through change.
- Inform management of delivery concerns
- Submit necessary paperwork on time.
- Uses good judgment and discretion in handling all phases of newspaper delivery.
- Supervises warehouse staff.
- Verifies counts on carrier papers and warehouse draw.
- Maintains a clean and organized center
- Motivate and assist carriers with promotional efforts.
- Participate in planning and developing plans and goals for circulation growth and expense savings.
- Perform administrative and miscellaneous duties, including carrier profit and carrier debit and credits, complaint reports, contract maintenance and bag inventories.
- Inform carriers of publication delivery changes and schedules including packaging
- Keep carriers informed about new policies, plans, ideas, etc.
- Schedules warehouse staff according to workload.
- Submit reports to supervisor
- Assists supervisor on any other duty specified.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; some college preferred.
- Previous experience in a newspaper setting is preferred.
- Have a basic knowledge of Connecticut DOT regulations
- Good written and verbal communication skills as well as experience working with Microsoft Office.
- Must possess a valid driver license with a clean driving record and reliable transportation.
- Good sense of direction and ability to utilize GPS/Maps.
- Available to work all holidays and weekends as needed.
Hearst Media Services CT is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, creed, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, homelessness, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Meet Some of Hearst Media Services's Employees
Digital Advertising Operations Manager
Nicole initiates diversified digital campaigns, from brand bookings to live launch. She fulfills reporting requests, monitors performance, and coordinates with internal teams to deliver goals and improve services.
Back to top