Technical Training Coordinator
Position at Corporate Technology
Technical Training Coordinator
The Hearst Technology team works to develop platforms and solutions to power the next phase of Hearst's digital growth, and solidify it as a leader in the industry. Hearst continues to push the boundaries of how technology can propel the company forward. Led by Hearst CTO Phil Wiser, the Corporate Technology team ideates daily on groundbreaking ways to expand the connection between Hearst's 200-plus companies and the growing audiences they serve. An essential part of the Technical Training Team, we are seeking a polished and professional Training Coordinator.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Technical Training, you will be expected to manage the logistical and administrative work to ensure all instructor-led and webinar trainings run smoothly and successfully and assist in funneling new client requests. You will also be expected to assist with project management tasks related to employee applications, corporate technical solutions and collaboration tools. As a centralized resource, you will be interacting with multiple departments and divisions within Hearst Corporation (Hearst Magazines, Hearst Television, Hearst Newspapers, Hearst Autos, etc.), while maintaining a level of customer service that is professional, responsive, and efficient. You will also be asked to assist in other miscellaneous tasks related to the coordination of enterprise projects and communications affecting all employees.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and maintain a high quality of work under pressure
- Demonstrated superior customer service skills and strong communicator
- Positive, proactive and able to always exercise great judgement
- 1-3 years experience in an administrative or team coordination role in a corporate environment
- Exceptional project management skills, including managing client expectations, meeting deadlines, communicating status, etc.
- Comfortable with rapid adoption of new technology including but not limited to, Content Management Systems, CRMs, employee collaboration tools, etc
- Accustomed to dealing with a high level of change and thriving in a fast-paced, continuously evolving environment
- Enjoy working and participating in collaborative teams, and are comfortable in a matrix management reporting structure
- Comfortable working autonomously and using all resources at your disposal
- Schedule and coordinate training events globally, manage the technical training calendar, book rooms for clients, manage course descriptions and sessions in the Learning Management System
- Handle incoming communications to the training inbox and provide first class user support, frontline troubleshooting, and escalate when needed
- Prepare and coordinate meeting resources and background materials
- Manage sign-in sheets, analyze course evaluations, produce metrics reports based on multiple data sources
- Receive and analyze new client requests and maintain team projects, status, and deadlines
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, and other documents using Keynote and other tools for various audiences
- Assist and support the team in multiple functions across all operational needs
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS)or related work experience
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Detail-oriented planning, organization and time management skills with ability to evaluate work product for quality and accuracy
- 1-3 years in a similar or supportive role involving team coordination
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and appropriately prioritize in a fast paced, ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, including editorial, business and technical teams
- Working knowledge of Keynote
- Superior knowledge in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience working with virtual meeting and training platforms such as WebEx, Adobe Connect, Skype, etc.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS), Content Management Systems (CMS), Customer Relationship Management Systems (CRM) Collaboration Tools a plus
Meet Some of Hearst Magazines's Employees
Assistant to the Editor-In-Chief
Whether she is making travel arrangements or managing Glenda Bailey’s extraordinarily busy calendar, Nana helps keep the editor-in-chief of Harper’s Bazaar on track with every task she undertakes.
Back to top