Style Director, Town & Country
T&C seeks a veteran editor well versed in the arts and popular culture, particularly in fashion and interior design, to oversee its style-related pages. General duties include:
- Generate story ideas for features as well as FOB sections such as Style Spy, Bright Things, and Social Network.
- Write, assign, and edit pieces on interior design, fashion and style, jewelry, society.
- Attend photo shoots when needed.
- Write and edit display type.
- Attend market and industry events as an ambassador for T&C and to report on afore-mentioned topics.
- Contribute to the magazine's website.
- Spearhead custom units produced in conjunction with major advertisers.
Must have a B.A. in a related field and at least 7-10 years' experience covering interior design and fashion at a print magazine, plus editing staff copy as well as freelance writers; knowledge of and keen interest in T&C's aesthetic and content also required. Proficiency in K4, Woodwing, or similar publishing system helpful.
Meet Some of Hearst Magazines's Employees
Assistant to the Editor-In-Chief
Whether she is making travel arrangements or managing Glenda Bailey’s extraordinarily busy calendar, Nana helps keep the editor-in-chief of Harper’s Bazaar on track with every task she undertakes.
Back to top