Junior Scrum Master
Hearst Digital Media encompasses beloved digital properties across a wide breadth of lifestyle content from Cosmopolitan.com and Elle.com to Esquire.com and PopularMechanics.com. We're a team of smart and driven folks who like what we do and enjoy coming together on projects that are helping to push Hearst forward. It's a really exciting time here as we establish a fully scalable platform to meet the needs of our users, editors, and distribution channels around the world.
As the platform has scaled, so have our agile methods. We're looking for a Scrum Master who is passionate about getting hands on with scrum teams to help them remove impediments, optimize how they work, and ultimately meet their sprintly goals. Our teams adhere to the Scrum framework at its core, including all roles and ceremonies. The ideal Scrum Master will have the experience and excitement to continuously improve the way we develop and deliver with the flexibility to know how to help cater these principles to our environment and teams. You will need to be a strong communicator, be process and detail-oriented, innately motivated to help teams succeed, and enjoy creative problem solving daily challenges within a team environment.
- Act as Scrum Master for multiple teams, providing a learning environment to deliver business value
- Develop a deep understanding of our products and vision to help guide our team
- Challenge, coach, and guide your teams using agile and lean principles
- Emphasize code quality through small, focused user stories; assist teams with a hands-on servant leader approach from inception to delivery of our work
- Ability to utilize agile methods in a flexible manner, adapting to the specific needs of the organization, and creative problem solving (this role may include some project management due to occasional hard deadlines/fixed dates)
- Experiment with and integrate processes and tools that encourage continuous improvement
- React quickly to shifting priorities in our fast-paced environment, with meticulous attention to detail and process along the way
- React quickly and gracefully to shifting priorities in our fast-paced environment with meticulous attention to detail and process, providing transparency along the way
- BS/BA or greater
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- 2+ years of experience as a Scrum Master
- Knowledge of Scrum, Lean, XP, Kanban, and other Agile development techniques
- Efficient verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort with ticketing tools such as JIRA
- Experience with large-scale application development
Meet Some of Hearst Magazines's Employees
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
Amanda works with Hearst Magazines’ Esquire and Popular Mechanics brands to create and implement strategic and completely customized advertising solutions that will bring in big audiences.
Back to top