IT Business Relationship Manager
Position at Corporate Technology
Hearst Technology is seeking an energetic and highly business-aware technology professional to act as a Business Relationship Manager for our Hearst Enterprise Technology group. The candidate will be expected to interface directly with business, technology and finance executives and provide clear and relevant reporting and advice to allow our businesses to manage their technology service consumption, projects and strategy more effectively. The candidate is expected to possess significant technology expertise along with the ability to collaborate with business professionals in a diverse business and technology environment. In addition the position will also manage pre-acquisition technology due diligence, assessment and recommendation and also manage the integration activities post acquisition of companies into Hearst.
The candidate will be expected to:
- Represent Hearst Enterprise Technology within the Hearst Corporation's divisions and business units by maintaining a high degree of visibility within the business, acting as a central point of contact and interface for the businesses and attending business unit meetings and management forums where appropriate
- Be the main point of contact for pre and post acquisitions of companies into Hearst from a Technology infrastructure perspective.
- Act as a primary point of contact and interface for Hearst Enterprise Technology to their customers – the Hearst business units
- Represent needs and interests of the business units to Hearst Enterprise Technology, contributing to appropriate Hearst Enterprise Technology team, operational and development meetings
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of the key business processes and systems employed by the Hearst business units
- Collaborate with the Technology Business Management team to periodically extract, validate and present service consumption and monthly service charge data to business units
- Provide business unit representatives with updates and forecasts of service consumption and act as an interface for business unit leaders to direct queries.
- Maintain an up-to-date, detailed understanding of both business unit and Hearst Enterprise Technology strategy
- Assist with the prioritization of projects, using cost / benefit analysis to proactively manage business demand
- Playing an active role in problem resolution, representing business knowledge and interests during critical business events and interruptions in service delivery
- Be an on-call escalation point-of-contact for immediate business critical events and service interruptions, playing an active role in problem resolution, representing business knowledge and interests
- Assist the business in forming process and systems solutions as appropriate, satisfying strategic and tactical business needs
- Support the Hearst Enterprise Technology Service Leads in the development and execution of internal Hearst Enterprise Technology project delivery methodologies
- Play a proactive role in Service Level Agreement negotiations
- Assist in developing the information technology architecture model by being able to make objective recommendations regarding the relative fit of technology to business needs
Preferred Skills / Experience
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA a plus
- 10+ years of experience managing complex infrastructure projects and programs and/or interfacing with customers/clients regarding infrastructure architecture and implementation
- Demonstrated Experience in Cloud (Public & Private) technologies and platforms.
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining strong customer or client relationships
- Technology assessment and due diligence experience in pre/post acquisition of companies
- Experience delivering presentations to technology and business executives
- Superior ability to communicate complex problems in a non-technical and simplified manner
- Ability to effectively communicate business needs to the technology teams
- Attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Well organized and able to work independently on initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to influence and engender collaboration
- Media/Information Services experience preferable, but not necessary
Meet Some of Hearst Magazines's Employees
Assistant to the Editor-In-Chief
Whether she is making travel arrangements or managing Glenda Bailey’s extraordinarily busy calendar, Nana helps keep the editor-in-chief of Harper’s Bazaar on track with every task she undertakes.
Back to top