Digital Sales Director Finance, Hearst Magazines Digital Media/Key Accounts Advertising
The Sales Director's core responsibility is to focus on meeting and exceeding revenue and budget goals while focusing on driving profitable growth for his/her category focus: travel and financial services. The Sales Director will be responsible for all digital advertising revenue within his/her list of accounts, which is primarily composed of East Coast-based clients in financial services, credit cards, brokerage services, and travel (airlines, hotels and destinations). The Sales Director must be a digital expert with a deep knowledge and understanding of the dynamics of the financial services and travel industries, and the competitive set. The Sales Director will also be the digital expert, working in close collaboration with the brand teams at individual titles and Hearst Integrated Media (corporate sales) on integrated opportunities, and to raise the level of comfort on digital sales strategy across the organization. Consistent education surrounding the latest technology, trading platforms, marketing trends and metrics for success is crucial. Strong client and agency contacts across the sites comprising the DBU are required.
- 7+ years minimum in online media ad sales experience.
- In-depth knowledge of the unique dynamics of the digital financial services & travel marketplace, relevant advertiser segments, industry challenges, etc.
- Proven ability to meet or exceed sales goals as determined by management.
- Must possess a large database of digital agency, strategy and client decision-makers.
- Must be proficient in identifying and establishing prospect lists and creating revenue opportunities.
- Must be a problem solver and creative thinker able to develop solutions based on customer needs.
- Must have excellent communication skills in all environments: email, phone and face to face.
- Working knowledge of Media Metrix, Comscore, @ Plan, Omniture.
- Account Management proficiency from RFP to IO actualization.
- A strong focus on being in-market: attending 8-10 sales-calls, client entertaining, relationship building activities on a weekly basis.
Ideally the candidate would possess:
- Strong sales skills with a proven track record.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Customer centric attitude.
- Self-starter with strong team ideals and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- High level of integrated sales experience to maximize content offerings as well as collaboration with Integrated Hearst Magazine and Hearst Corporate initiatives.
- The ability to forecast projected revenue accurately
- A focus on achieving sales metrics including exceeding the average deal size, average close ratio, CPM growth and balancing the ratio of custom to standard programs as it relates to HDM Average.
- IAB Sales Certification preferred
Meet Some of Hearst Magazines's Employees
Assistant to the Editor-In-Chief
Whether she is making travel arrangements or managing Glenda Bailey’s extraordinarily busy calendar, Nana helps keep the editor-in-chief of Harper’s Bazaar on track with every task she undertakes.
Back to top