Beauty Editor, MarieClaire.com
Hearst Digital Media is seeking a beauty editor to join Marie Claire. This person is a vital part of the MarieClaire.com team, responsible for spearheading the site's beauty coverage-pitching, writing, assigning, editing, and publishing a robust lineup that runs the gamut from quick news items to smart service to bigger long-lead projects to exciting new franchises.
We're looking for someone who's obsessed with beauty, who can cover quick news with a fresh angle, but who can also contextualize what's happening in the beauty world within the larger cultural conversation. This person has endless ideas both big and small, has experience with (and interest in) social media and video, and has serious internet savvy-someone who lives online and knows what readers respond to and what they don't, and someone who cares about why.
Exceptional writing, editing, and brainstorming skills are essential, as are self-motivation and the ability to meet tight daily and weekly deadlines.
This position reports to the Director of Features and Special Projects, and works closely with all departments.
- Pitch, write, edit, and manage MarieClaire.com's beauty coverage and maintain the beauty editorial calendar
- Proactively assess story performance via analytics and plan future content accordingly
- Contribute to Marie Claire's Instagram coverage
- Create fun, performative videos in conjunction with our video team and/or social editor
- At least five years creating content for a media property, ideally digital
- Three + years writing and editing beauty content
- Good judgment as to what works to drive audience and engagement in digital media
- Excellent writing, editing, and brainstorming skills
- Familiarity with and interest in making videos for web
- Interest in women's media, beauty, fashion, politics, celebrity, news, and women's issues
- Knowledge of SEO, a CMS, and PhotoShop
- Experience tracking real-time and long-term analytics
- Bachelor's degree
Note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in .pdf format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work
Back to top