Associate Publisher Veranda Magazine
Veranda Magazine seeks an Associate Publisher, Sales for Veranda & Veranda.com. Candidate must be a proven ad sales leader, manager, and motivator who will oversee the advertising sales efforts. The Associate Publisher will be responsible for ad sales strategy and revenue generation and will take a leadership role in partnership with the SVP/Group Publishing Director, Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) for driving ad revenue. The Associate Publisher will also be responsible for managing a sales staff, as well as monitoring and reaching assigned sales goals.
Ideal candidate must have demonstrated an exceptional record of generating advertising sales, building client/agency relationships with a collaborative leadership style and entrepreneurial spirit combined with an expertise in cross platform selling and strategy.
He/she will lead the ad sales strategy and collaborate with CRO to ensure marketing programs and strategic plans that translate into sales. Expectations are that this sales leader will strive to exceed revenue targets through creative consultative selling and build positive relationships with key stakeholders (i.e. editorial, marketing, production).
- Accountable for attaining established ad revenue goals/quotas through innovative, creative, strategic and consultative selling.
- Manage a sales team to promote maximum sales coverage and activity.
- Work with staff to develop and execute individual sales action plans.
- Work with CRO and marketing to ensure marketing programs and strategy drive advertising and revenue objectives.
- Work with marketing team to create effective client solutions and manage deal development
- Monitor all sales activity through to close and regularly provide accurate revenue projections/ sales forecasts including negotiating rates and advertiser/vendor contracts.
- Build strong relationships with senior agency and client contacts nationwide through consistent contact and entertaining.
- Work with production/ad services and oversee book layout/positioning, and editorial issues.
- Establish workflow and processes for advertising forecasting, budgeting and goal setting.
- Form a solid and positive working relationship with editorial staff and develop relationships with other Hearst titles to encourage collaborative selling.
- Work closely and meet regularly with CRO to keep management abreast of overall business as well as personnel issues.
- Must have experience in a senior management ad sales role in the magazine industry.
- Must have experience within the Shelter Category.
- Must have experience hiring and managing a sales team and must have a proven record as a strategic and effective leader/manager
- Superior sales skills, with results-oriented track record and proven ability to meet and
exceed sales goals
- Demonstrated success crafting interactive brand strategies resulting in robust ad sales
- Proven record translating marketing and promotional objectives into results for advertisers
- Track record of structuring and managing complex negotiations to successful closure
- A self-starter who instinctively takes charge, has a positive team player approach and who is comfortable and can thrive in a start-up fast-paced environment with grace under pressure.
- High profile and well-connected in industry with strong relationships with top-tier ad agencies, national advertising accounts, and marketing executives at the client level
- Analytical/strategic thinker, creative problem solver, roll-up sleeves resourceful, able to effect innovation and creativity
- Must be conversant in new technology (digital, social and mobile)
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Ability to maintain a regular travel schedule
Meet Some of Hearst Magazines's Employees
Assistant to the Editor-In-Chief
Whether she is making travel arrangements or managing Glenda Bailey’s extraordinarily busy calendar, Nana helps keep the editor-in-chief of Harper’s Bazaar on track with every task she undertakes.
Back to top