Associate Beauty Editor, Hearst Beauty Group
The Hearst Beauty Group is seeking an Associate Beauty Editor to contribute to the editorial coverage of national magazine titles including Good Housekeeping, Redbook, Woman's Day, Prevention Magazines. This position is an integral part of the Women's Beauty Group, responsible for producing and managing content across brands. The Beauty Editor reports to the Beauty Directors and Chief Beauty Director, and works closely with each brand's team.
We're looking for someone who's obsessed with beauty, who can brainstorm fresh story ideas (including packaging) pertinent to each of the brands, research, write, and edit stories both large and small from inception to completion in the voice of the various brands, and work with the respective art and photo teams to execute visuals. The candidate should also be comfortable overseeing and editing the work of junior editors.
Exceptional ideating, writing, and editing skills are essential, as are self-motivation, a positive, can-do attitude, and the ability to work at a rapid pace and meet tight deadlines.
- Pitch, write, edit, and produce content for Hearst Beauty Group titles
- Liaise with each title's photo and art teams to produce visuals for stories
- Oversee and edit assistant and associate editors
- Represent the brands on market appointments
- 2-3 years pitching, writing and editing beauty content for national print and/or digital magazine brand
- Excellent ideating, writing, and editing skills
- A strong passion for beauty
- Proficiency in InCopy
- Bachelor's degree
Meet Some of Hearst Magazines's Employees
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
Amanda works with Hearst Magazines’ Esquire and Popular Mechanics brands to create and implement strategic and completely customized advertising solutions that will bring in big audiences.
Back to top