Web Development, Team Lead
Position at Please leave blank if Hearst Magazines
The Web Development, Team Lead will :
● be instrumental in architecting and developing complex full (MEAN) stack solutions based in Node.js, AngularJS using Amazon Web Services, Docker, MongoDB, Express, HTML5, CSS3 to name a few.
● be working as a team to deliver projects in a timely fashion.
● manage expectations. Is it really going to take that long to develop that thing?
● help with stories/scenarios. Actively participate in the scrum/Agile process.
What we expect:
● Experience delivering complex projects with demanding deadlines.
● Ability to translate technical information to the non-technical, especially upward.
● Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
● Must have a good sense of urgency and feeling of ownership over what they are assigned to.
● Strong analytical, problem solving and diagnostic skills.
● How to code for a site that needs to scale for high traffic volumes.
● Familiarity with the Agile Scrum software development methodology.
● Knowledge of TDD and continuous integration.
● Must have a strong desire to do great things, as a team.
● Must have an open mind and be willing to learn new things.
● 5+ years in a development role with 2-3 years managing and leading teams.
● Must be a well rounded developer with working knowledge of how to create and scale single page application frameworks.
● Must have experience in some of the following: Node.js, Backbone.js, AngularJS, React, Amazon Web Services, Docker, NoSQL / MongoDB, Express, HTML5, CSS3
Back to top