Position at Please leave blank if Hearst Magazines
The VP, Engineering will :
● Hire, mentor and manage the development team.
● Own the technical implementation of our web based solutions.
● Be hands on (when necessary) and on top of new languages, frameworks, and methodologies enough to make solid recommendations on where we need to be.
● Help make technical decisions and facilitating good discussions with the development staff to make sure everyone is bought in.
● Work closely with the team leads, program manager, and scrum master to ensure our development team is performing at an optimum level.
● Work closely with the CTO to ensure the infrastructure, processes, and software implementation is solid.
● Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
● Should have experience delivering complex projects with demanding deadlines.
● Ability to translate technical information to the non-technical, especially upward.
● Must have a good sense of urgency and feeling of ownership over what you are assigned to.
● Strong analytical, problem solving and diagnostic skills.
● How to code for, and support, a high traffic site.
● Familiarity with the Agile Scrum software development methodology.
● Knowledge of TDD and continuous integration.
- Must have 7-10 years of experience in a development role, with an advanced skill set in some of the following: Node.js, Backbone.js, AngularJS, React, Amazon Web Services, Docker, NoSQL / MongoDB, Express, HTML5, CSS3, TDD, CircleCi, JIRA
- Must have 4+ years of management experience.
- Must be a leader… not a boss.
- Must have experience developing for a high traffic web site.
- Must have a strong desire to do great things, as a team.
Meet Some of Hearst Digital Media's Employees
Artem builds and maintains designs for Hearst sites and tools. He partners with the Developers Team to launch user-friendly interfaces and key features for Hearst's digital platform.
Back to top