Video Producer, Hearst Magazines Digital Media/Sweet JV
Hearst Digital is looking for a video producer to join the team at Sweet, a new media brand that publishes on Snapchat Discover, covering style, beauty, entertainment, culture, and more. The ideal candidate is an experienced shooter and editor with solid technical and production capabilities. This is a unique opportunity to help shape and guide a growing brand.
The Sweet team is highly collaborative-across copy, video, design, and animation-and our production style requires that all members are creative, resourceful self-starters who thrive on generating new ideas and are able to maintain high standards for the quality of their work in a fast-paced environment.
• Collaborate with editors to shoot and edit video content for stories in Sweet's daily editions, ensuring an ideal balance of video, photo, illustration, and animation each day.
• Generate ideas for new video-based story franchises and oversee their execution on set
• Book and oversee freelance video contributors
• Repackage Snapchat video for other platforms as needed
• Experience shooting mobile/web-based content in one or more of the following categories: style, beauty, entertainment, comedy/viral, or tutorials.
• A confident, stylish POV, editorially and aesthetically.
• A critical editing style in terms of pacing, music sensibility, and graphics.
• Ability to troubleshoot technical challenges and deliver the best video and audio quality in the field.
• Knowledge of licensing (music, likeness, photography, video clips, etc.).
• Familiarity with various video formats/codecs, specifically for Snapchat, web, iPad, and other top social media platforms.
• Design sensibility for motion graphics
• Established relationships with creative talent, and a passion for discovering artists on the rise.
• 2-4 years of experience
• Proficient in Adobe Premiere CC 2014, After Effects CC, Final Cut Pro 7, Photoshop CC, Media Encoder
• Video/DSLR cameras (Sony FS100, SONY C300, Canon 5D MK 111)
• Lighting kits (Kino Flo, Chimera, Litepanel)
• Audio recorders (Zoom, Lavaliers, Boom)
Meet Some of Hearst Digital Media's Employees
Nicolas codes new software feature optimizations on the back-end, continuously implementing updated versions of Hearst Digital Media’s content application program interface, the Rover.
Back to top