Video Insights Analyst, Hearst Magazines Digital Media/Audience & Partnerships
Video Insights Analyst
Hearst Digital Media is looking for a data-obsessed video strategist who can use all available data to provide our video team and audience development team with actionable, timely insights. The ideal candidate is creative, detail oriented, analytical, has a deep understanding of the video landscape, and can take data and turn those metrics into compelling insights for our brands. This person will test and implement strategies that will ultimate determine future video programming decisions.
- Drill into trends, test hypotheses, and become an expert on social media measurement
- Run A/B testing using paid media to better optimize our formats and narrative frameworks
- Work hands on with video producers and editors, leveraging performance data to deliver feedback on creative assets, story choice, narratives, formats, etc
- Manage qualitative and quantitative research projects on a weekly, monthly, and ad hoc basis
- Keeping up to date with the competitive video landscape and becoming the in-house expert in industry news within the digital video space
- 1-2 years working in an analytical or strategy oriented role where you came up with and ran your own experiments
- Experience with a variety of tools for content optimization across different social platforms including: Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram (Experience with Facebook Insights is a must)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (PPT, Excel, Word); Expert in complex Excel formulas
- Advanced data analysis skills and have the ability to extract, interpret, and easily communicate data and trends to multiple brands
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills
- Experience with analytics tools such as Sharablee, CrowdTangle, etc
- Proficiency in relational databases like SQL would be a plus!
Meet Some of Hearst Digital Media's Employees
Nicolas codes new software feature optimizations on the back-end, continuously implementing updated versions of Hearst Digital Media’s content application program interface, the Rover.
Back to top