Video Editor, BestProducts.com
BestProducts.com is seeking an 'in the know' full time video editor to join its brand-spanking new social-forward local team. This person will be responsible for editing original video content for our local social pages. They must be an expert editor with some motion graphics experience. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated passion for products, events, places, and experiences that are unbelievable, quirky, awe-inducing - and most importantly, make viewers want to say 'look how cool this is!' and then share with all their friends.
The role is based in New York but this editor will focus on a specific US region.
- Work with the BestProducts.com video team and social editors to create and edit videos for Facebook
- Edit footage down to short form videos
- Tell stories viewers feel personally connected to, inspired by, or shocked by
- Basic audio editing, music selection and sound effects
- Color correction as needed
- Basic motion-graphics creation
- Shoot and edit other special video projects as needed
- Work closely with the BestProducts.com video team and social editors to ensure videos are highly shareable and line up with Facebook goal
- Research and work with found footage in creative ways when needed
- College degree or appropriate field experience
- 3+ years experience in professional digital video production
- Advanced video editor
- Advanced proficiency with Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop and other Creative Suite products
- Knowledge of compression standards across multiple platforms
- Knowledge of online video and social video
- Proficient with motion graphics
- Must be able to manage feedback from multiple parties and deal with curve balls
- Ability to manage multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
- Must be able to work flexible hours as needed
- Must include a link to view your work on your resume.
Meet Some of Hearst Digital Media's Employees
Nicolas codes new software feature optimizations on the back-end, continuously implementing updated versions of Hearst Digital Media’s content application program interface, the Rover.
Back to top