Vice President, Product, Hearst MediaOS Platform
Join the Hearst Digital Platforms team as VP of Product leading the charge to scale our global digital publishing platform MediaOS domestically and internationally. We are looking for an experienced, conscientious and energizing leader with an insatiable drive to make the product and culture better, faster, stronger.
The VP of Product will be charged with driving synergies between content, business and technology priorities to develop a cohesive vision for product development across the organization. He or she will also have the ability to prioritize competing opportunities, balance market needs with business priorities, drive detailed trade-offs over the product lifecycle, manage conflict, and articulate the rationale behind objectives. This role reports to the President of Hearst Digital Magazines.
About MediaOS: MediaOS is a modern, user-centered publishing platform that provides powerful, data-driven tools designed to help editors achieve their goals and publish to millions of readers across brands including Esquire, Cosmopolitan, ELLE and many more. MediaOS is built on a scalable micro-service architecture enabling contributions from global teams to drive audience and revenue across 75+ digital brands.
- Work with executive stakeholders to drive strategic vision around key product lines including video, commerce, off-platform distribution, site speed experience, consumer engagement
- Collaborate with counterparts in tech and UX to define & drive the vision for the suite of products, systems, services & APIs that comprise MediaOS.
- Lead a large team of several cross-functional agile scrum teams, directly managing product directors, QA managers and a Scrum Masters across 3 continents and 7 countries.
- Oversee feature development and migrations across the US, UK, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Japan and Taiwan.
- Deliver MediaOS as a Saas solution to other divisions within the organization including digital TV, digital newspapers and digital automotive brands.
- Lead the full lifecycle of new products - from ideation, definition of requirements, through to delivery - while collaborating with leadership of all departments
- Create a healthy, transparent culture establishing shared vision across the company and motivating productive folks who understand the strategy and execute fast.
- Eat, sleep, and breathe digital media trends and user behaviors. Know the competition. Identify the whitespace.
- You have 10+ years' experience managing and developing well-loved software products as a PM. You've had many experiences defining product roadmaps, building collaboratively with design and engineering peers, and shipping at scale.
- You have 5+ years' experience in managing multiple Product Managers and a portfolio of multiple products and teams in an agile environment.
- You have a proven track record of influencing decision-making at all levels within an organization, and in a variety of contexts.
- You're a seasoned player / coach with a high EQ who can roll up their sleeves and jump in where needed.
- Bachelor's Required, Master's in Information Tech or Tech Management a plus.
- You have good instincts but match that with deep analytical thinking to focus on the things that matter most; you can take a critical mind even to your own ideas and are ready to prove them wrong with data.
- You're inventive, and your vision far transcends what is visible today. You have a track record of building and launching massively successful products that customers love.
- You're an entrepreneur. You see ambiguity as opportunity, and obstacles as chances to build.
- You have strong technical acumen. Proven ability to understand complex technical systems and manage engineering organizations
- You are a compelling storyteller with experience communicating concepts and ideas to engineers and creatives alike.
Why MediaOS? Why Hearst?
Powerful digital magazine brands leading in content and distribution innovation • Innovating platform rooted in flexible micro-services • Progressive development languages and cutting-edge deployment technologies • Strong, scaled international agile culture • Competitive salary, bonus incentives and strong health benefits package • Stability of a big company with the nimble and forward-looking feel of a startup.
Meet Some of Hearst Digital Media's Employees
Nicolas codes new software feature optimizations on the back-end, continuously implementing updated versions of Hearst Digital Media’s content application program interface, the Rover.
Back to top