Technical Account Manager, Hearst Magazines Digital Media/Ad Operations
As the online arm of Hearst Magazines, employment at Hearst Digital brings with it the prestige of a hundred-plus-year-old publishing empire with the excitement and rapid growth of a startup. We operate over two dozen major websites across mobile, desktop, and tablet for brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Good Housekeeping and Seventeen.
The Technical Account Manager will work closely with Account Manager to ensure that campaigns are launched successfully, are executed perfectly and client goals are always exceeded. The job requires daily use of DART for Publishers, uploading client 3rd Party tags and creative, testing and QA, and production and launch of custom rich media units.
- Ensure proper execution and delivery of digital ad campaigns using DFP and the programmatic platforms used to execute direct programmatic deals
- Build excellent relationships with internal and external teams. Communicate daily with sales and sales support teams, third party vendors and client contacts as publisher-side AdOps and technical expert
- Upload client creative and perform thorough QA checks on ad creative and custom programs.
- Manage the production process for custom display ad products, including leading kick-off discussions with clients, eloquently describing our ad product functionality, collecting assets, maintaining timelines and coordinating production with the design team.
- Personally troubleshoot trafficking and ad tech issues, working with internal and external teams as necessary
- Recommend advertising technology solutions to internal client team based on a comprehensive understanding of the client’s requirements, marketing objectives and technical capabilities.
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of industry standards in ad technology, including ad verification, viewability, and programmatic ad serving
- Ensure that any internal systems are properly mapped to clients 3P systems and that those mappings are properly and consistently maintained.
- 2-4 years Digital Ad Ops and Trafficking experience with proficiency in DFP.
- Strong creative problem-solving skills and an ability to come up with unique solutions to complex problems
- Proven ability to work successfully both within a team and independently.
- Flexible, personable attitude; ability to develop excellent professional relationships with all level of personnel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail; exact precision in data input and organization
- Demonstrated analytical skillset with strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Quick learner and able to rapidly acquire and apply technical knowledge
- Experience with third party ad servers (DFP, DSM, CheckM8, VAST video) a plus
Back to top