Staff Writer, Hearst Magazines Digital Media/Elle
This role is responsible for covering big topics of the day in culture, sex and relationships, and women’s issues, with an emphasis on opinion pieces and personal essays. This person is responsible for Elle.com’s coverage of the big topics of the day in culture, politics, and especially sex and relationships, with an emphasis on argument-driven assessments, features, and personal essays as they relate to women’s issues. They will also be assigning stories to freelancers.
- Pitch and write feature and opinion pieces on daily basis
- Follow news online from an array of sources including social media
- Collaborate with photo, design and other editors to put together packages, columns, and features
- Grow ELLE.com’s sex and relationships coverage
- Understand the voice and audience for Elle.com.
- At least 5 years writing experience in digital media.
- Good judgment about what works to drive audience in digital media
- Familiarity with pop culture, politics, viral news, trends
- Excellent at producing content with digital-friendly language and graphics
- Versed in using analytics tools like Facebook Insights, Omniture, Chartbeat
- Understanding of editorial best practices including SEO, story packaging (especially headlines), and social sharing
- Social media background a plus
Meet Some of Hearst Digital Media's Employees
Artem builds and maintains designs for Hearst sites and tools. He partners with the Developers Team to launch user-friendly interfaces and key features for Hearst's digital platform.
Back to top