Sr News Video Producer, Hearst Magazines Digital Media/Newsroom
The Senior News Video Producer works out of Hearst Digital Media’s Newsroom in New York and reports to the News Director. This person is responsible for working with video editors and social media editors to produce news video for HDM’s social channels—including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram—as well as overseeing production of the Facebook Live for all 21 of Hearst Digital Media’s sites.
- Pitch, write, and produce all social news video across HDM brands with Velocity Video;
- Collect and distribute analytics around the performance of news videos;
- Consult with the social team and Velocity on social video strategy;
- Run Facebook Live operations across all brands, from technical production to content strategy;
- Produce and coordinate higher production Facebook Live shoots with the Video team and Hearst corporate;
- Liaise with outside vendors on novel or innovative ways to increase our production capabilities with respect to Live broadcasting.
- At least five years experience working in digital video production;
- A command of video editing software;
- Excellent news judgment on a range of topics, from politics to celebrity;
- Knowledge of measurement software (Chartbeat, Omniture), Photoshop and CMS;
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with multiple stakeholders;
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
Back to top