Software Engineer, Hearst Magazines Digital Media
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
• Demonstrated proficiency with PHP (Yii, specifically Yii2) with a working knowledge of Memcache, Redis, and Varnish
• Experience with Python and/or Golang/Go, and Node.js
• Expertise in CSS/SASS with adaptive and responsive implementations
• Experience with Grunt
• Expertise in Git, Gitflow workflow experience a plus
• Experience on development teams using Agile methodologies
• Experience with Ad and Reporting library integration a plus
• A service-oriented approach to application development
Responsibilities will include:
• Hands-on development of reusable templates, modules and other web components and applications
• Collaborate with other team members, across the organization, to provide best possible solutions.
• A meticulous and passionate approach to performance optimization and debugging.
We’re building a modern media platform for Hearst’s new digital businesses. Our front-end architecture is built with a pattern library formulated in HTML/CSS/JS and SASS; our back-end runs PHP, Redis, PostgreSQL, and Varnish.
Back to top