Social Strategy Manager, Hearst Magazines Digital Media/Audience & Strategic Partnerships
Hearst Digital Media is seeking a Social Strategy Analyst to join the Audience team. This position will play an integral role in the development, scaling, and execution of social strategy across all brands and social platforms. The role will lead and support key projects designed to grow social engagement and audience. He or She has a deep understanding of all social platforms and has a passion for discovering new ways to execute innovative social initiatives. The position will report to the Director, Social Strategy.
- Measure, analyze, and report data to allow for rapid content experimentations, and establishing case studies for best practices.
- Leverage data and insights to influence social strategy across brands; Make recommendations for audience and engagement growth (with a focus on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Snapchat.)
- Work directly with social media editors, site directors, product and data teams to set and execute a social media strategy that drives rapid growth.
- Compile regular brand deep dives, cross-platform competitive intelligence, and marketplace trends to discover new opportunities for growth and innovation.
- Develop KPIs and benchmark measures of success in a cross-platform world.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about content and analytics and possess the following skills:
- A strong curiosity for why people share content.
- Expertise in web analytics and social data analysis.
- An exceptional data storyteller who can leverage data, but also provide qualitative insights.
- Communicates complex ideas in a clear, precise, yet accessible way.
- Early adopter of new and emerging social media platforms – passionate about both being a user/consumer of social content as well as analyst/strategist
- Experience with media or consumer facing tech a plus.
- 2+ years experience in a digital marketing, audience insights, data science, or social media role.
- Highly analytical, metrics-driven, collaborative and results driven person.
- Flexibility and creative approach to problem solving – finding the yes rather than saying no.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated ability to set goals, meet deadlines, and successfully manage multiple assignments.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated and resourceful.
Meet Some of Hearst Digital Media's Employees
Artem builds and maintains designs for Hearst sites and tools. He partners with the Developers Team to launch user-friendly interfaces and key features for Hearst's digital platform.
Back to top