Social Media Editor, Hearst Magazines Digital Media/Elle Decor & Veranda
Hearst Digital Media is seeking a Social Media Editor to join ELLEDecor.com and Veranda.com. The social media editor is an integral part of our tiny team, overseeing all social media platforms and working very closely with the Site Director to ensure the brand is represented on social in its best, most compelling, most growth-oriented light.
The ideal candidate is obsessive about smart growth strategies (concepting them, testing them, and analyzing them), focused on growing the site’s traffic and reach, and editorially savvy—this person can write in the brand’s voice and think with the brand’s brain.
We’re looking for someone who sees social media as an exciting editorial space of its own—a place to develop new franchises and engage with readers in perpetually evolving, fun ways. This person should be self-motivated, ambitious, creative, and collaborative.
Exceptional writing and self-editing skills are absolutely essential, as is the ability to juggle many needs and tight deadlines simultaneously.
- Oversee the execution of all social media posts (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, and new platforms as they arise)
- Constantly assess the performance of social posts across platforms
- Concept new, fun, ambitious, aggressive ways to explore platforms
- Have a deep understanding of and responsiveness to analytics and data (knowledge of Omniture, Chartbeat, SocialFlow, and similar programming/reporting tools are a must)
- Keep the team up to speed on trending topics and breaking news
- Pitching and/or writing social-first editorial content, newsy and evergreen, for both sites daily
- Working with the editorial team to create original content that’s optimized explicitly for social platforms
- Liaise with the branded content teams to create social posts around sponsored campaigns
- 2-3 years working in social media and editorial content strategy
- Demonstrated growth of social media platforms
- Experience managing social media for a media property
- Experience writing content for web
- Good judgment as to what works to drive audience and engagement in digital media
Back to top