Senior Social Media Editor, Cosmopolitan.com
Cosmopolitan.com is looking for an experienced social media editor to lead a team of two and oversee operations of all social feeds, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, have a passion for women's media, and be able to strategize in the rapidly changing landscape of digital media. Experience as a social media editor and deep familiarity with the Cosmo brand is a must.
- Manage social media team of 2, ensuring that Cosmo's feeds are optimized to deliver the highest possible traffic and engagement at all times, including coordinating coverage during holidays and off-hours events (i.e., awards shows) as needed
- Pitch and execute big-picture Cosmopolitan.com projects that help further the brand goals and build buzz, including events, books, new brand extensions, and cool social initiatives that bolster Cosmo's position as a leading millennial brand
- Work closely with top editors to build social plans around big editorial initiatives (including digital-only edit packages and print initiatives like Fun Fearless Life) and brainstorm social-friendly headlines, treatments, etc. on daily content
- Represent Cosmo as needed during videos or brand events (aka ~social media DJ~)
- Oversee Cosmo's Instagram account, managing daily posts by social media team and working closely with Art Director to ensure all posts meet the brand aesthetic; help evolve the strategy and appearance of Instagram Stories, with a priority on increasingly traffic and sales opportunities
- Work closely with video team to increase social video views, develop new video series, and monetize video
- Collaborate with the sales team and branded content editor to develop new advertiser-friendly social franchises
- Liaise with other Hearst departments, including the Cosmo print team, audience development, etc.
- At least four years' experience in digital media
- At least three years of managing a publication's social media presence
- Bachelor's degree
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Receptive to feedback
- Enjoys collaborating with others
- Ability to adjust strategy extremely quickly
Meet Some of Hearst Digital Media's Employees
Vlad works with teams across departments to manage products from conception through strategy to execution. He liaises between editors and engineers to ensure Hearst’s platforms operate smoothly.
Back to top