Senior Insights Analyst, Editorial Operations
Hearst Digital Media is seeking a Senior Insights Analyst within the Editorial Operations department to provide editorial insights and create efficiencies across all of our 22 sites, including Cosmopolitan.com, MarieClaire.com, Esquire.com, Seventeen.com, and GoodHousekeeping.com. The ideal candidate is obsessed not only with analytics but creating real-world applications from them that inform both the finance and editorial departments.
This position will report to the Finance Director and the Editorial Director of HDM, and will work closely with the editors of all HDM brands. This person will manage budgets, freelancer invoices, and will problem solve for the entire editorial operation, making sure the money spent on staff is being recompensed with traffic and ad revenue. The primary goal for this role will be to develop projects and processes that further enhance the editorial teams' velocity and success in producing digital content on budget.
- Together with the Finance team, keep on top of the budgets for all the editorial teams
- Oversee reporting and management of editorial spending across 22 brands
- Cull data from analytics software and work with IT to create custom system to calculate month-to-month expenditure vs. revenue
- Truly embed with the editorial teams to better know their content creators and assess the value of where the money is going
- Help the editorial teams manage freelancer invoices and negotiate and execute contracts
- Responsible for processing editorial/video invoices and contracts across all brands
- May manage, with the editorial teams, other multi-brand projects, like arranging training, negotiating with third party vendors
- Work closely with the Editorial Director on raises, performance reviews, and other HR related initiatives across the group
- Occasionally work with the Hearst International team on sharing best practices
- At least two years experience in managing creative budgets, with a strong background in analytics
- Excellent Excel skills
- Must be fluent in common analytics tools like Omniture and Parsley, with a willingness to learn custom tools used at Hearst
- Ability to work independently as well as a team and community member
- Experienced project manager including: defining goals, identifying participants and resources, planning and scheduling roadmap, and delivering results
- Can rally disparate groups around a common goal or project
- Strong relationship builder and communicator
- Flexible, open to change and changing priorities and projects
Meet Some of Hearst Digital Media's Employees
Nicolas codes new software feature optimizations on the back-end, continuously implementing updated versions of Hearst Digital Media’s content application program interface, the Rover.
Back to top