Senior Editor, Hearst Magazines Digital Media/Town and Country
Hearst Digital Media is looking for a full-time Senior Editor for Townandcountrymag.com. This editor will report to the Site Director and will work with both staff members and freelancers to expand the original content on our growing site.
The Senior Editor should be a web-savvy generalist who is comfortable creating and editing content across a few key areas of interest, including (but not limited to) politics, culture, society, and the world of the one percent.
- Top edit and guide the packaging of daily stories from the site’s editors and freelance contributors to ensure quality and accuracy, voice, engaging and click-y headlines, timeliness, and search optimization.
- Work with our SEO team to hone our search strategy. Executing on that strategy means developing and executing an editorial calendar specifically designed to grow search traffic.
- Work closely with the Site Director to assign and edit features. Our goal is to post one long form piece a month, so this Senior Editor should be comfortable assigning and editing meaty reported features and essays.
- Support the Social Media Editor to sharpen our social voice and grow our social audience, identify timely trending content to republish from sister sites at Hearst, making light top edits, and repackaging as necessary to make it a fit for T&C.
- Minimum of 7 years experience working in a fast-paced digital environment, with a focus on editing, writing heds/deks and daily content programming across various platforms, including newsletters
- Have a passion for digital news, online trends, and the world of the one percent
- Versed in using Omniture, Chartbeat, etc.; Social media experience a plus
- This person must be well-organized and able to meet—and help others meet—deadlines
- A willingness to work whenever necessary, evenings and weekends included.
Meet Some of Hearst Digital Media's Employees
Artem builds and maintains designs for Hearst sites and tools. He partners with the Developers Team to launch user-friendly interfaces and key features for Hearst's digital platform.
Back to top