Scrum Master, Hearst Magazines Digital Media/Product
Hearst Digital Media encompasses beloved digital properties across a wide breadth of lifestyle content from Cosmopolitan.com and Elle.com to Esquire.com and PopularMechanics.com. We're a team of smart and driven folks who like what we do and enjoy coming together on projects that are helping to push Hearst forward. It's a really exciting time here as we establish a fully scalable platform to meet the needs of our users, editors, and distribution channels around the world.
We're looking for a Scrum Master who is passionate about coaching teams and evangelizing Scrum and Agile Principles throughout the HDM team and often across the company. Our teams adhere to the Scrum framework at its core, including all roles and ceremonies. The ideal Scrum Master will have the experience and excitement to continuously improve the way we develop and deliver with the flexibility to know how to help cater these principles to our environment and teams. You are a strong communicator who enjoys the daily challenge of partnering to make our teams and processes better and better.
- Act as Scrum Master for multiple teams, providing a learning environment to deliver business value
- Develop a deep understanding of our products and vision to help guide our team
- Challenge, coach, and guide the organization using agile and lean principles
- Emphasize code quality through small, focused user stories; assist teams with a hands-on servant leader approach from inception to delivery of our work
- Ability to utilize agile methods in a flexible manner that often includes project management, adapting to the specific needs of the organization (which can include hard deadlines/fixed dates at times), and creatively problem solving
- Experiment with and integrate processes and tools that encourage continuous improvement
- Create metrics to provide teams and the organization with relevant feedback
- BS/BA or greater
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- 3+ years of experience as a Scrum Master
- Knowledge of Scrum, Lean, XP, Kanban, and other Agile development techniques
- Efficient verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort with ticketing tools such as JIRA
- Experience with large-scale application development
Meet Some of Hearst Digital Media's Employees
Vlad works with teams across departments to manage products from conception through strategy to execution. He liaises between editors and engineers to ensure Hearst’s platforms operate smoothly.
Back to top