QA Automation Engineer, Hearst Magazines Digital Media/Engineering
Hearst Digital Media encompasses beloved digital properties across a wide breadth of lifestyle content from Esquire.com and PopularMechanics.com to Elle.com.
It’s the stability of a big company with the nimble and forward-looking feel of a startup. It’s actually true. This is a great place to work!
We’re a team of smart and driven folks who like what we do and enjoy coming together on projects that are helping to push Hearst forward. It’s a really exciting time here as we establish a fully scalable platform to meet the needs of our users, editors, and distribution channels around the world.
We are committed to test-driven development and need a talented Automation Engineer to join our team who is passionate about ensuring the quality of products used and valued by millions of people, around the world.
You express your passion through code, relentlessly seeking to enhance the release process and ensure integrity across all Hearst properties.
- Extensive experience working in various testing frameworks (PHPUnit, Karma/Mocha/Chai/Sinon, Jasmine, Selenium)
- 5+ years professional QA experience
- Tested high traffic, scalable web applications
- Created solid test plans, partnering with cross-functional teams
- Experience with Selenium grid. Setting it up, as well as interacting with it
- Expertise in test-driven development principles
- A meticulous approach to performance optimization and debugging
Desired Skillset for the Perfect Fit
- PHP framework experience
- Written unit tests in PHPUnit, Karma/Mocha/Chai/Sinon, Jasmine, or related frameworks
- Worked with Jenkins, TravisCI or related technology
- In-depth knowledge of Continuous Integration
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Worked on agile development teams with remote team members
- Passion for digital media, journalism, and storytelling
Back to top