QA Analyst, Hearst Magazines Digital Media/Engineering
Hearst Digital Media encompasses beloved properties across a wide breadth of lifestyle content from Cosmopolitan.com and Elle.com to Esquire.com and Delish.com.
It’s the stability of a big company with the nimble and forward-looking feel of a startup. This is a great place to work!
We’re a team of smart and driven folks who like what we do and enjoy coming together on projects that are helping push Hearst forward. It’s an exciting time here as we establish a fully scalable platform to meet the needs of our users, editors, and distribution channels around the world.
We believe strongly in test-driven development – and also rely heavily on our manual and functional QA Analysts for prioritization, escalation, and to assure that we maintain the highest standards for our award-winning sites and distribution channels. Your work will reflect on the amazing products that are enjoyed by millions every day!
The ideal candidate lives and breathes testing and enjoys learning how everything works.
In addition, this person will
- Be able to troubleshoot content via web/mobile/feeds
- Determine criticality of issues and communicate effectively
- Be comfortable and enjoy working in a team-focused agile environment
- Have experience with ticketing systems, such as Jira or Mingle
- Have experience with Selenium
- Partner with cross-functional teams to support sites and services
- Maintain multiple levels of scripted tests, based on product specifications and user data, to maintain the right combination of operating systems and browsers
We also have a strong preference for candidates with
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Experience testing and working with APIs and micro-services
- Strong technical writing skills
- Enjoyment and success in mentoring others
- A strong sense of ownership and the need to see things through
- A love of digital media and an interest in navigating the changing landscape
We hope that you’re just who we’ve been looking for!
Back to top