Product Director, Vehicle Search
Product Director, Vehicle Search
Do you know how exciting – or terrifying – it can be to buy a car? Do you know how to make this an easier process?
We are going to change the way consumers buy automobiles. With a recognized brand – Car & Driver – and the best editorial team in the automotive industry – we’re cutting a new path! We are looking for entrepreneurial-minded thought leaders across many disciplines. And, we mean business.
The Product Director, Vehicle Search serves as a thought leader and evangelist for all of our dealer product offerings. You will own the roadmap from concept through end of life. You should want to have many varied responsibilities – you will work side-by-side with UX and Technology teams, go on sales calls, meet with clients, coach and develop team members.
- Dialed into how consumer shopping behaviors are evolving. How do people want to find their next car? How do they want to engage with the seller? When? What channel/device?
- Full understanding of the vehicle ecosystem. How does vehicle information move through the system? How are vins collected and distributed?
- Design the roadmap strategy. How will we win? Where are our gaps? What’s best for the bottom line?
- Own the go-to-market strategy. What is the product packaging? How do we sell increased engagement?
- Be a leader. Do you have a following? What is your vision? How do we achieve it? How do we share accomplishments?
- Be good with numbers. Define and Manage KPIs: financial, operational, customer behavioral. Can you build a rock-solid business plan? Are we making progress? Are the stakeholders smiling?
- Keep a pulse on the market. What are the market trends? What is the competition doing? How do we drive prioritization and innovation? Which white papers should we publish?
- Love to be on stage? You will give awesome presentations, demos and pitches to clients and stakeholders.
- Deep knowledge of auto dealer products, auto dealer technology, and media platforms.
- A demonstrated track record of successfully defining product roadmaps and ensuring their delivery.
- Ability to translate market needs to a broad audience to drive the delivery of your plan.
- Ability to speak with Consumers, Customers, Sales and IT and understand what they are saying, and that they will understand you.
- Superb business savvy, strong negotiation skills and excellent communication.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and diagnostic skills. You can make sense of DFP, GA and Omniture.
- Comfortable with collaboration tools. Trello? Hipchat? Slack? Yes, please.
- A roll-up-the-sleeves get-it-done self-directed mindset. Entrepreneurs welcome.
- Automotive experience is a must.
- BA/BS required, in Marketing or related technical degree desired; MBA preferred
- 7+ years of proven experience in the development/ launching of products/services
- Extensive understanding of business
- Mix of technology (engineering, product management) and business (consulting, product marketing, sales, and channel) background is ideal
- Excellent instincts, strong business acumen, team leadership skills and experience to bring together diverse views
- Expert knowledge of product development life cycle (relevant experience in all phases).
- Previous management/leadership experience required
- Up to 30% Travel
Meet Some of Hearst Digital Media's Employees
Artem builds and maintains designs for Hearst sites and tools. He partners with the Developers Team to launch user-friendly interfaces and key features for Hearst's digital platform.
Back to top