Product Designer, Hearst Magazines Digital Media/Product
Hearst digital media needs your help creating the future of digital journalism. We are seeking a senior designer with a strong background in user experience and product design to join our team.
At Hearst Magazines Digital Media you’ll join a diverse, supportive community of designers who love creating new experiences in digital media. You will get to work on small, cross-discipline teams using agile methods with a focus on experimentation and a user-centered, design thinking-based approach to product design.
As a senior designer, you will collaborate with product managers, engineers and stakeholders to create consumer-facing content products, including games and other interactive experiences. You’ll also have the opportunity to design tools for editorial teams and contribute to a growing design culture at Hearst.
Our ideal candidate:
- Values empathy and has some background in Design Thinking & UCD methodologies
- Possesses powerful communication skills
- Prefers teamwork and collaborative design practices
- Takes a LEAN approach to design and prototyping
- Enjoys mentoring others
- Wants the freedom to explore new tools and ideas
- Flourishes in fast-paced publishing environments
- Owns their work from concept to completion
- 3+ years designing for web or mobile products
- Experience with SCSS, front-end design systems, Git workflows, and responsive design principles
- A expert eye for visual design
- Portfolio of live digital work showcasing your skill and approach to digital product design
- You have experience designing for motion and interaction
- You are involved with design communities, online and IRL
- You care deeply about issues of accessibility and diversity in product design
- You have experience designing for international communities
Meet Some of Hearst Digital Media's Employees
Artem builds and maintains designs for Hearst sites and tools. He partners with the Developers Team to launch user-friendly interfaces and key features for Hearst's digital platform.
Back to top