Originals Video Director, Hearst Magazines Digital Media
Hearst Digital Media
HDM is seeking a full-time Video Director to join its new Originals team. This person will be responsible for directing multiple original video series for our partners, including Facebook, Snap, YouTube, and others. They must be an expert visual storyteller extremely well versed in the ways of online video (and TV) and passionate about entertaining viewers on social platforms. In addition to having a great eye the ideal candidate will be an enterprising and collaborative leader with a breadth of experience across genres.
The role is based in New York City.
- Work with the HDM Originals development and production team to plan and execute on video series
- Assemble talented production crews (DP, ACs, set design, sound, gaffers, etc.) for shoots
- Entertain and surprise viewers with videos that break through users' feeds-both visually and in story
- Research and work with found footage in creative ways when needed
- Work with Video Edit team as need to see through episodes from idea to finished product
- Plan and shoot other special video projects as needed
- 4+ years experience in professional digital video production
- Advanced proficiency with Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop and other Creative Suite products
- Knowledge of compression standards across multiple platforms
- Knowledge of online video and social video
- Proficient with motion graphics
- Must be able to manage feedback from multiple parties and deal with curve balls
- Ability to manage multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
- Must be able to work flexible hours as needed
- Must include a link to view your work on your resume.
Meet Some of Hearst Digital Media's Employees
Vlad works with teams across departments to manage products from conception through strategy to execution. He liaises between editors and engineers to ensure Hearst’s platforms operate smoothly.
Back to top