Motion Graphics Designer/Animator, Hearst Magazines Digital Media/Sweet
Hearst Digital is looking for a Designer to help create the visual identity for Sweet, a new and dynamic Snapchat-only media brand and partnership between Snapchat and Hearst. This position will report to the Art Director, and will work closely with a team of designers and editors to create short-form visual animated graphics that further the storytelling of our content and elevate our brand aesthetic.
- Work closely with the art director to manage a team of visual designers, helping them to meet daily design deadlines
- Create short-form motion graphics, animations, and gifs
- Concept, design, and/or illustrate creative elements for animations on a daily basis
- Work on projects from concept to production, making sure we meet brand standards and timelines.
- Setting type
- All-around love for Snapchat and the Internet
- Motion graphics experience
- Excellent design and layout skills
- Excellent typography and type design
- Good eye for tasteful, considered design
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with pop culture, fashion, trends
- Proficiency in Adobe CS, specifically After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Excellent at producing shareable, digital-friendly content, taking trends and audience response into consideration.
- At least 2 years experience as a motion/graphic designer
Meet Some of Hearst Digital Media's Employees
Nicolas codes new software feature optimizations on the back-end, continuously implementing updated versions of Hearst Digital Media’s content application program interface, the Rover.
Back to top