Motion Graphics Designer/Animator, Hearst Magazines Digital Media/Sweet
Hearst Digital is looking for a Designer to help create the visual identity for Sweet, a new and dynamic Snapchat-only media brand and partnership between Snapchat and Hearst. This position will report to the Art Director, and will work closely with a team of designers and editors to create short-form visual animated graphics that further the storytelling of our content and elevate our brand aesthetic.
- Work closely with the art director to manage a team of visual designers, helping them to meet daily design deadlines
- Create short-form motion graphics, animations, and gifs
- Concept, design, and/or illustrate creative elements for animations on a daily basis
- Work on projects from concept to production, making sure we meet brand standards and timelines.
- Setting type
- All-around love for Snapchat and the Internet
- Motion graphics experience
- Excellent design and layout skills
- Excellent typography and type design
- Good eye for tasteful, considered design
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with pop culture, fashion, trends
- Proficiency in Adobe CS, specifically After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Excellent at producing shareable, digital-friendly content, taking trends and audience response into consideration.
- At least 2 years experience as a motion/graphic designer
Meet Some of Hearst Digital Media's Employees
Vlad works with teams across departments to manage products from conception through strategy to execution. He liaises between editors and engineers to ensure Hearst’s platforms operate smoothly.
Back to top