Men's Fashion Editor, Hearst Magazines Digital Media/BestProducts
Are you the type that cringes when friends wear tucked-in Polos and cargo pants? Do you lurk on fashion forums and blogs all day looking to stay up to speed on the men’s fashion world? Is your street style just as strong as your office wear? If so, then we need someone like you!
BestProducts.com is looking for a men’s fashion editor to develop our men’s style vertical. In this role, you’ll be instrumental in shaping today’s sartorial trends with your impeccable taste, pulse on the industry, and unique voice. Join a team of passionate editors (read: rockstars!) looking to redefine what it means to be a product review site.
This is an amazing opportunity to work for a rapidly growing digitally native brand! We’re looking for a well-versed fashion writer who can cover everything from street style trends to the best in celebrity style and menswear trends spotted on the Men’s Fashion Week runways (from London, Paris, Milan, and New York…) to the Pitti Uomo industry showcase in Florence.
Write and produce a combination of product reviews, product roundups, interviews, and smart, serviceable content that can capture an audience across multiple platforms. We’re looking for someone who’s a self-starter and is able to excel in a fun, fast-paced environment with an eye for detail and a taste for trends (Sneakerheads, we’re looking at you…).
- Pitch, write, and produce meaningful content roundups and reviews of the latest in menswear (How to wear the hoodie + bomber jacket trend without trying too hard…)
- Update existing content ensuring the latest products and trends are reflected (The best slouchy pants to replace those skinny jeans)
- Work closely with internal partnership teams including SEO, Syndication and Social to ensure all content is well optimized and promoted (help us help you get eyes on your content!)
- Develop relationships with PR reps in the industry (Hey, you may even secure a seat at the Public School RTW show)
- Monitor content performance, produce content insights, and pitch additional ideas based on results (give the people what they want!)
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience covering men’s fashion
- The ability to work independently, extremely detail oriented and thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Successful and current relationships with key PR people in the market
- An understanding of and interest in the latest happenings in menswear
- Daily experience working within a CMS
- Proficiency with Photoshop or other image editing software
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be able to collaborate and foster positive relationships with colleagues
- Must have a passion for building BestProducts.com’s brand
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Analytics (Omniture preferred)
Meet Some of Hearst Digital Media's Employees
Jacquelyn serves as the Scrum Master for two Hearst Digital Media teams, helping associates sort through everyday problems and assisting executives in understanding individual work processes.
Back to top