International SEO Manager
Title: International SEO Manager
Hearst Digital Media (HDM) is looking for a creative and 'in the know' talented Internationa l SEO Manager (Senior-Level) to work with some of our top record-breaking magazine websites; Cosmo politan UK , ELLE UK , Harpers BAZAAR UK , Esquire UK , Digital Spy , Good Housekeeping UK , and more ! Combined, these sites generate 10's of millions of visitors on a regular basis who are as obsessed with our brands as we are. From millennials to fashionistas and pop culture enthusiasts you'll be able to help shape content creation each and every day.
As a brand, Search plays an important role and produces a healthy variety of traffic. We're seeking a rock-star of sorts that can bring our strong Search foundation to the next level. Working directly with our editors you'll get a front row view of the latest trends, hottest fashion, forward-thinking thought leaders, celebrity everything, political coverage and, at times, cats. Lots of cats!
Get ready to wear many hats, but here's what you'll be responsible for when you're sporting your (stylish) SEO hat:
- Create a unique SEO content strategy for each site that seamlessly mixes into their editorial calendar and voice. Sure, we're talking about keyword ideas, but also things like new areas of content opportunity overall, emerging style trends, ever-changing seasonal opportunities, and innovative takes on what's buzzing on the InterWebs . # MeghanMarkle
- Assist in the migration of all international websites to our proprietary CMS. Gotta love those spreadsheets!
- Optimize content on the regular (meta- palooza !) but find ways to make each optimization creative and fun. Yes, it's for Search, but it's great content overall so let's find ways to have it work on Social, Syndication, and even Newsletters. All for one and one for all!
- Build new SEO strategies from the ground up and get ready to train everyone and everything on all things SEO. Yes, we're talking editorial and technical best practices, SEO 101 trainings, how to insert SEO into almost everything an editor does day-to-day and more!
- Get ready to roll up those sleeves. You'll work directly in our CMS updating meta info, URL creation, working on all sorts of internal linking, creating aggregated content pages and whatnot. This is a super hands-on role.
- Provide reporting to editors and stakeholders each month. Brag about what worked, what didn't and what we should do more of.
- Dabble in the world of video and social by providing hands-on recommendations, killer content ideas and make your Search content come to life.
- Live and breathe all things Search. Stay on top of the industry, test out new product features, and ensure we're always playing nicely with every algorithm update. You're basically like theAlgo Police.
- Like to travel? Great. Get ready to get your passport stamped because while you'll be based here in our NYC office (concrete jungle where dream are made of) you'll be traveling to the UK and some other stops along the way on an as-needed basis.
- 2-4 years of hands-on SEO experience
- A minimum of 2 years of recommending/creating Search specific content
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written.
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be able to collaborate and foster positive relationships with colleagues.
- Extremely detail oriented and thrives in a fast-paced deadline oriented environment
- Must have a passion to stay current on SEO and study understand implement the latest ethical techniques.
- Must have experience with international websites and best practices for multilanguage and multiregional SEO
- Experience with Google Webmaster Tools
- Experience working with CMS
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Analytics (Omniture preferred)
- Experience with YouTube and video optimization
Meet Some of Hearst Digital Media's Employees
Nicolas codes new software feature optimizations on the back-end, continuously implementing updated versions of Hearst Digital Media’s content application program interface, the Rover.
Back to top