Graphic Designer, Hearst Magazines Digital Media/Good Housekeeping & House Beautiful
Hearst Digital Media is seeking a Designer, Editorial to join the Creative team working on the visual design for GoodHousekeeping.com, and Housebeautiful.com and their social media channels.
This position will report in to the Creative Director of HDM and will work closely with the editors of GoodHousekeeping.com, and Housebeautiful.com to create visual design that furthers the story telling on each site, and brand standards. In the position you will work in a high paced environment and in close partnership with photo editors, and the project manager and other designers to create best in class designs.
- Create info-graphics, and design elements for digital features
- Work closely with five visual designers, to meet daily design needs
- Work on projects from concept to postproduction making sure we meet brand standards and timelines
- Study the marketplace, assessing where GoodHousekeeping.com, and Housebeautiful.com work stands against competitors' and ensure that we are ahead of the curve
- Great at creative problem solving
- Familiarity with pop culture, fashion, and trends
- Drive constant improvement in HDM's quality, capabilities, and creative innovation
- At least 5 years experience as a digital designer
- Experience working with Production Designers
- Excellent at producing of shareable, digital-friendly content, and mobile
- Excellent at using typography and type design
- Master of current digital design tools such as Adobe CS
- Experience in creating gifs and motion graphics a plus
Meet Some of Hearst Digital Media's Employees
Nicolas codes new software feature optimizations on the back-end, continuously implementing updated versions of Hearst Digital Media’s content application program interface, the Rover.
Back to top