Director, Video Special Projects, Hearst Magazines Digital Media/Video
With extensive reach across every digital and social platform, Hearst’s media brands like Cosmopolitan, Elle, Esquire, Good Housekeeping and Harper’s Bazaar are more widely consumed and more influential than they have ever been. Video production has grown as well, and platforms like Snapchat, Instagram and Facebook have exponentially increased our video reach and views. As a result of this success, opportunities for Hearst Magazines Digital Media to create new partnerships with talent and to develop original programming and partnerships with new platforms have increased significantly.
Hearst Magazines Digital Media is looking for a Director of Video Special Projects to help us develop and pursue the growing number of entrepreneurial opportunities for our video business. The ideal candidate will combine the creativity and taste of a television programming or development exec and the drive of a media entrepreneur. The result will be new programming partnerships with traditional television networks and emerging platforms, new creative partnerships with top talent and media brands, and significant growth in Hearst’s video business.
The Director of Video Special Projects will be instrumental in shaping and bringing to fruition a variety of new video opportunities for Hearst Magazines Digital Media, from both a creative and an executional standpoint. He/she will be the primary, daily lead on several video-centric initiatives, and will be part of the team evaluating new opportunities. In doing so he/she will help blaze new pathways for Hearst’s magazine brands to connect with and entertain their audiences.
The right candidate is smart, savvy, and creatively resourceful with a killer instinct for great ideas and opportunities. He/she will be a self-motivated media obsessive with an entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to take projects concept-to-completion. Flawless written and verbal communication skills are essential. The Director of Video Special Projects will report to the SVP, Hearst Digital Media.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Video programming development
- End-to-end partnership/project management
- Inbound content pitch evaluation and coverage
- Collaboration with talent and production companies on opportunity development
- Creating outbound pitches and presentations
- Collaboration with business development and legal
DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCES INCLUDE:
- Proven success in video content development for traditional and/or digital platforms
- Proven success in managing creative projects through from concept origination to successful completion
- Great creative instincts and taste
- Prior experience within a content-based Media environment
- Strong understanding of the social, digital and traditional media businesses, both paid and unpaid, and the role that emerging content plays in that space
- Flawless written and verbal communication. Ability to create pitches and present ideas in a way that compels action and propels partnerships forward.
- Ability to represent Hearst brands to talent, production companies and partners
- Strong work ethic and ability to shoulder executive-level responsibility without extensive oversight
- The successful candidate will be a fast-moving creative force who is able to lead by example, provide vision and leadership, and motivate those around her to do their best work.
- S/he will be a can-do, action-oriented and results-driven executive with creative vision and strong business acumen. S/he should have the seasoning and maturity that comes with experience, combined with a high energy level and enthusiasm.
Back to top