DevOps Engineer, Hearst Magazines Digital Media/Engineering
Hearst Corporation reaches more than 100 million people around the world every month on digital platforms connected to loved and trusted brands.
We’re creating a game-changing modern content technology stack – built from the ground up to give our users, editors, and advertisers tools that enable them to tell these amazing stories. We’re building an open, service-oriented platform driven by APIs, and believe passionately in crafting simple, elegant solutions to complex technological and product problems.
We’re hiring DevOps engineers to help us solve problems, deploy code and manage operations as we build out our new platform. The ideal candidate has experience across the full stack and very strong in Amazon Web Services.
- Work closely with development teams to architect and implement applications in a secure and highly available manner
- Continued support and uptime of an API-driven, SOA-powered publishing platform/CMS and high-traffic public websites
- Participation in the architecture review and support of the systems supporting our Data Warehouse.
- Troubleshoot and identify root cause of issues in a complex environment
- Provide 24/7 on-call support on a rotating basis
- Evaluation of new technology to support DevOps (continuous integration/deployment, container based virtualization)
- Minimum 5 years professional experience deploying and supporting high traffic, scalable web applications/services
- 2+ years working in the AWS environment, including EC2, RDS, S3, IAM
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Experience creating automation using AWS SDKs in Python, Ruby, or similar
- Experience with administering relational databases in a production environment
- Experience architecting and supporting highly available and highly scalable infrastructure
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug production issues under pressure
- Experience with PostgreSQL a plus
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment best practices and technologies (Jenkins, Travis, etc.)
- Self- starter who is excited about technology
- Team player who wants to both teach others and learn from others
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or Computer Science
Roles are available at Hearst offices in New York City.
About this company
Hearst Corporation reaches more than 100 million people around the world every month on digital platforms connected to loved and trusted brands like Cosmopolitan, the Houston Chronicle, and 29 television stations. We’re crafting new, elegant digital experiences that make our stories – like #cosmovotes, local news that matters, trusted reviews, and entertainment – come to life, across all platforms, devices, and brands. Check out our recent work, unifying our publishing tools and user experiences to enable talented editorial teams to tell more engaging stories more often.
Back to top