We’re Hearst Autos and we are going to change the way consumers buy automobiles. With a recognized brand – Car and Driver – and the best editorial team in the automotive industry – we’re cutting a new path! We are looking for entrepreneurial-minded thought leaders across many disciplines. And, we mean business.
The Developer will work closely with the Product Owner(s), UX, and other Developer team members to collaborate on solving business problems and technical challenges.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- You will be instrumental in architecting and developing complex full (MEAN) stack solutions based in Node.js, AngularJS using Amazon Web Services, Docker, MongoDB, Express, HTML5, CSS3 to name a few.
- Working as a team to deliver projects in a timely fashion.
- Manage expectations. Is it really going to take that long to develop that thing?
- Help with stories/scenarios. Actively participate in the scrum/Agile process.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
- You should have experience delivering complex projects with demanding deadlines.
- Ability to translate technical information to the non-technical, especially upward.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have a good sense of urgency and feeling of ownership over what you are assigned to.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and diagnostic skills.
- How to code for a site that needs to scale for high traffic volumes.
- Familiarity with the Agile Scrum software development methodology.
- Knowledge of TDD and continuous integration.
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE
- Must have a strong desire to do great things, as a team.
- Must have an open mind and be willing to learn new things.
- 2+ years in a development role.
- Must be a well rounded developer with working knowledge of how to create and scale single page application frameworks.
- Must have experience in some of the following: Node.js, Backbone.js, AngularJS, React, Amazon Web Services, Docker, NoSQL / MongoDB, Express, HTML5, CSS3
WHAT YOU’LL GET FROM US
- A fun and collaborative environment with driven team members.
- Exciting projects that allow you to work on, and learn, new technologies.
- Work for an employee focused company that is building a great culture.
- Competitive salaries, 401k, great benefits, and much more.
Back to top