Designer, Product/UX, Hearst Magazines Digital Media/Product
Hearst digital media needs your help creating the future of digital journalism. We are seeking a senior designer with a strong background in user experience and product design to join our team.
At Hearst Magazines Digital Media you'll join a diverse, supportive community of designers who love creating new experiences in digital media. You will get to work on small, cross-discipline teams using agile methods with a focus on experimentation and a user-centered, design thinking-based approach to product design.
As a senior designer, you will collaborate with product managers, engineers and stakeholders to create consumer-facing content products, including games and other interactive experiences. You'll also have the opportunity to design tools for editorial teams and contribute to a growing design culture at Hearst.
Our ideal candidate:
- Values empathy and has some background in Design Thinking & UCD methodologies
- Possesses powerful communication skills
- Prefers teamwork and collaborative design practices
- Takes a LEAN approach to design and prototyping
- Enjoys mentoring others
- Wants the freedom to explore new tools and ideas
- Flourishes in fast-paced publishing environments
- Owns their work from concept to completion
- 3+ years designing for web or mobile products
- Experience with SCSS, front-end design systems, Git workflows, and responsive design principles
- A expert eye for visual design
- Portfolio of live digital work showcasing your skill and approach to digital product design
- You have experience designing for motion and interaction
- You are involved with design communities, online and IRL
- You care deeply about issues of accessibility and diversity in product design
- You have experience designing for international communities
Back to top