DataOps Engineer / Data Science
THE DATA SERVICES TEAM AT HEARST, PART OF CORPORATE TECHNOLOGY, IS THE SOURCE OF GLOBAL DATA FOR THE COMPANY. THE DATAOPS ENGINEER WILL BE A KEY MEMBER OF THE TEAM, BEING RESPONSIBLE FOR OPERATIONS AND MAINTENANCE OF A WIDE VARIETY OF PROCESSES. WE HAVE DOZENS OF SERVERS RUNNING IN THE AWS AND GOOGLE CLOUD ENVIRONMENTS, AND RUN COMPLEX PROCESSES THAT COMBINE AMAZON KINESIS, LAMBDA, S3, REDSHIFT, AND RDS AS WELL AS GOOGLE COMPUTE ENGINE, CLOUD STORAGE, AND BIGQUERY; OFTEN IN HYBRID AMAZON/GOOGLE MODELS. THE DEV OPS ENGINEER WILL TAKE OWNERSHIP OF THE CLOUD INFRASTRUCTURE, KEEPING THINGS RUNNING, TWEAKING CODE, AND MAKING SURE WE ARE UP 24/7.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- 3+ years experience with AWS, must include intimate familiarity with EC2, Redshift, s3. Should have experience with Kinesis, lambda, EMR, RDS.
- Advanced linux shell expertise and a very high comfort level with crons, config files, user administration, etc. Must be able to analyze loads and tune job scheduling.
- Expertise in server backup and recovery
- Experience with the Google cloud environment a plus
- Experience with Windows server a plus
- Ability to provide guidance to data scientists, engineers and other team members
- Documentation skills for processes and procedures
Back to top