Branded Content Editor, Hearst Magazines Digital Media/CR Fashion Book
This position will report to the editorial director at Hearst, and will serve as the point person on all branded content for the brand. She or he will be the primary editorial voice on branded content and will conceptualize, package, write or edit, and oversee the photo shoots for sponsored stories in partnership with our Hearst Content Studio. In addition to working closely with the Site Directors, this person will also work closely with project managers, sales and marketing teams to ensure we are delivering content that satisfies the clients’ needs but is also up to editorial standards—ultimately, this content must be as exciting, engaging, and well-executed as pure edit content is. This content will be primarily in the fashion and beauty arenas.
Hearst Digital Media and CR Fashion Book recently launched a new digital advertising, distribution and platform partnership. Hearst will monetize digital and social content and create custom programs for CRFashionBook.com. Hearst will provide audience amplification, editorial services and syndication of CR Fashion Book digital content across the Hearst Magazines Digital Media portfolio, including ELLE, Harper’s BAZAAR and Marie Claire, brands which collectively reach 30 million global site visitors each month.
- Assist the marketing team in conceiving of and refining ideas for sponsored campaigns—these ideas must feel organic to the brand and also fall within the parameters of what the client seeks
- Write, build, and/or edit high-quality content in coordination with and cooperation with the Hearst Content Studio.
- Keep multiple, concurrent campaigns on deadline in a fast-paced, creative environment
- Work closely with the photo department to produce custom photo shoots, and with designers to make sure every piece looks fantastic as well
- Be mindful of performance goals and focused on achieving them
- Partner with internal and external teams (including editorial, marketing and project management) to move complex, custom content projects forward
- Stay on top of the details for each campaign while maintaining your creative spark
- At least 5+ years experience as a digital editor, ideally in fashion
- Experience writing content for web
- Good judgment as to what works to drive audience and engagement in social media
- Excellent time management, communication, interpersonal skills, and ability to multi-task
Meet Some of Hearst Digital Media's Employees
Artem builds and maintains designs for Hearst sites and tools. He partners with the Developers Team to launch user-friendly interfaces and key features for Hearst's digital platform.
Back to top