Associate Director, Product & Product Marketing, Hearst Magazines Digital Media/Product Development
Join the Hearst Digital Platforms team as Associate Director, Product & Product Marketing working on the MediaOS Platform. MediaOS is a corporate-wide platform initiative with the goal of creating powerful, data-driven tools designed to help editors achieve their goals and publish to millions of readers across brands including Esquire, Cosmopolitan, ELLE and many more. We are looking for a product leader to focus on analytics and other data-driven tools to support our editors, branded content teams, and product decision-makers around the company.
- Work with senior Product leadership across the organization to evolve high-level strategic vision into actionable tactics that drive MediaOS forward.
- Work closely with customers (editors, management, product, sales) to bring meaningful product solutions to drive lift and behavior change
- Work with core agile team including but not limited to technical architects, developers, designers and QA throughout the product lifecycle to ensure your product features meet goals and objectives
- Create product roadmaps, feature backlogs and product documentation such as user stories, use cases, user flows, logic flows, and functional specifications.
- Own product planning, documentation and migration of multiple properties to a global CMS platform including technical infrastructure, editorial workflow and user experience.
- Manage internal product communications and training on corporate MediaOS products – primarily editorial but inclusive of sales, product, and marketing – around the product roadmap, sprint releases, and the announcement of new product experiences.
- Eat, sleep, and breathe digital media trends and user behaviors. Know the competition. Identify the whitespace.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 6+ years product management experience in digital publishing or related.
- 3+ years working in a data analytics-centered role as a product/business analyst
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong quantitative analysis skills
- Understanding of how to design tests and interpret test results
- Track record executing in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple deliverables and projects at once, sticking to deadlines
- Highly collaborative with the ability to inspire others and push through barriers
- Passionate about digital media, social media, advertising and digital media trends
- Well-versed in Keynote (or other visual communication mediums)
- Familiarity with Omniture/Google Analytics, 3rd party editorial analytics providers.
Back to top