Art Director, Hearst Magazines Digital Media/Sweet
Sweet, Art Director
Hearst Digital is looking for an art director to create and oversee the visual identity of Sweet, a new and dynamic Snapchat-only media brand and partnership between Snapchat and Hearst. This is a unique opportunity to build a new media brand and the style of its photography, illustration, graphic design, and video and motion graphics. This position will work closely with section editors, and will manage a team of designers, videographers and photo editors.
• Oversee all brand visuals, including animations, articles, and videos.
• Collaborate with editors to brainstorm ideas for visually based stories
• Oversee a small team of designers, videographers and photo editors.
• Assign and manage freelance illustrators and other artists creating original content.
• Work simultaneously with editors and ad and branded content teams to ensure sponsored photo shoots, graphics, and other visuals fit the brand aesthetic.
• Create and execute strategies to grow the brand on visually-based Snapchat platform
• All-around love for Snapchat and the Internet
• Strong knowledge of how to optimize visual elements for mobile experiences.
• Think not only visually, but editorially, generating ideas that make content richer and more engaging.
• Established relationships with creative talent, and a passion for discovering artists on the rise.
• Expertise in digital design tools, including InDesign, Photoshop, and After Effects.
• 6-8 years of experience
Meet Some of Hearst Digital Media's Employees
Nicolas codes new software feature optimizations on the back-end, continuously implementing updated versions of Hearst Digital Media’s content application program interface, the Rover.
Back to top