Art Director, Hearst Magazines Digital Media/Sweet
Sweet, Art Director
Hearst Digital is looking for an art director to create and oversee the visual identity of Sweet, a new and dynamic Snapchat-only media brand and partnership between Snapchat and Hearst. This is a unique opportunity to build a new media brand and the style of its photography, illustration, graphic design, and video and motion graphics. This position will work closely with section editors, and will manage a team of designers, videographers and photo editors.
• Oversee all brand visuals, including animations, articles, and videos.
• Collaborate with editors to brainstorm ideas for visually based stories
• Oversee a small team of designers, videographers and photo editors.
• Assign and manage freelance illustrators and other artists creating original content.
• Work simultaneously with editors and ad and branded content teams to ensure sponsored photo shoots, graphics, and other visuals fit the brand aesthetic.
• Create and execute strategies to grow the brand on visually-based Snapchat platform
• All-around love for Snapchat and the Internet
• Strong knowledge of how to optimize visual elements for mobile experiences.
• Think not only visually, but editorially, generating ideas that make content richer and more engaging.
• Established relationships with creative talent, and a passion for discovering artists on the rise.
• Expertise in digital design tools, including InDesign, Photoshop, and After Effects.
• 6-8 years of experience
Meet Some of Hearst Digital Media's Employees
Vlad works with teams across departments to manage products from conception through strategy to execution. He liaises between editors and engineers to ensure Hearst’s platforms operate smoothly.
Back to top