Art Director, Hearst Magazines Digital Media/Snapchat Sweet
Hearst Digital is looking for an art director to create and oversee the visual identity of the newly launched Snapchat media brand Sweet, covering fashion, beauty, music, entertainment, culture, travel, food, and more. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of building a media brand from the ground up, including how it will appear on all platforms, and the style of its photography, illustration, graphic design, and video and motion graphics. This position will work closely with section editors, and will manage a team of designers, videographers and photo editors.
- Oversee all brand visuals, including social media, articles, and videos.
- Collaborate with editors to brainstorm ideas for visually based stories, including galleries and infographics.
- Oversee a small team of designers and photo editors.
- Assign and manage freelance illustrators and other artists creating original content.
- Work simultaneously with editors and ad and branded content teams to ensure sponsored photo shoots, graphics, and other visuals fit the brand aesthetic.
- Create and execute strategies to grow the brand on visual-based social platforms, both existing and as new ones emerge.
- All-around love for the Internet. You should live and breathe digital media.
- Strong knowledge of how to optimize visual elements for both desktop and mobile experiences.
- Think not only visually, but editorially, generating ideas that make content richer and more engaging.
- Established relationships with creative talent, and a passion for discovering artists on the rise.
- Knack for producing shareable stories.
- Expertise in digital design tools, including InDesign, Photoshop, and After Effects.
- 6-8 years of experience
Back to top