Art Director, Hearst Magazines Digital Media/Editorial Design
Hearst Digital Media is seeking an Art Director, Editorial Design to join the Creative team overseeing the visual design team that supports all of our 18 sites, including Elle.com, MarieClaire.com, CountryLiving.com, Esquire.com, GoodHousekeeping.com, and harpersbazaar.com.
This position will report in to the Creative Director of HDM and will work closely with the editors on all of the HDM brands to create visual design that furthers the story telling on each site. You will work in close partnership with the Photo, Product, and UX teams.
- Responsible for the visual identity for all of the HDM sites
- Create direction for digital features including infographics, design elements
- All work created with an eye to audience
- Use available analytics to understand content performance
- Oversee a team of approximately 8 visual designers
- Manage and direct process, capabilities, tools and goals for the creative team across all brands
- Study the marketplace, assessing where HDM work stands against competitors’ and ensure that we are ahead of the curve
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and multiple projects simultaneously
- Drive constant improvement in HDM’s quality and capabilities
- Experience in creating gifs and directing motion graphics designers
- Managing outside resources, including vendors, illustrators and designers
- At least 8 years as a Designer / Art Director
- Proven creative leadership skills; Design/Art management background
- Excellent at producing shareable, digital-friendly content
- Good judgment as to what works to drive audience and engagement in digital media
- Familiarity with pop culture, fashion, trends
- Master of current digital design tools such as Adobe CS as well as developing design technologies and workflows
- Must be a bridge-builder, working with teams that have uniquely different experiences together to build great digital products
Meet Some of Hearst Digital Media's Employees
Artem builds and maintains designs for Hearst sites and tools. He partners with the Developers Team to launch user-friendly interfaces and key features for Hearst's digital platform.
Back to top