Account Manager, Hearst Magazines Digital Media/Ad Operations
As the online arm of Hearst Magazines, employment at Hearst Digital brings with it the prestige of a hundred-plus-year-old publishing empire with the excitement and rapid growth of a startup. We operate over two dozen major websites for print + digital brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Good Housekeeping and Seventeen as well as digital-only brands like Snapchat Sweet, Delish and Lenny Letter.
The Account Manager manages a set of advertising accounts from pitch through execution, partnering with one or more salespeople responsible for sales for these accounts. You will be a category expert for your assigned accounts – understanding how these client buy our media, what products perform best for them, specific rates that are applicable to that client and performance KPIs for each plan. You will have a deep understanding of our ad products, packages and business rules. You will report on performance and pacing throughout campaigns and work closely with Technical Account Managers to ensure campaigns launch correctly and on time. Working on a team with other Account Managers and Technical Accounts Managers, you will work together to create revenue opportunities, deliver what is booked, and use your excellent communication skills to build strong relationships with our partners.
- Act as a primary stakeholder in brainstorm sessions with marketing and sales; speaking to the client’s historical spend/performance, product/packaging recommendations and working to understand how to drive the larger buy when multiple spend levels are being pitched.
- Create compelling media plans that drive revenue, maintain profit margin and comply with our business rules.
- Maintain expert understanding of our ad products and capabilities (i.e. audience extension, research, social strategy, new products, etc). Partners with related teams (Audience Development, Yield/Inventory and Ad Product) in pre-sale efforts and post-sale optimizations as needed.
- Maintain campaign pipeline in our order management system (Fattail AdBook), managing orders in the system as they work their way down the sales funnel (reserve inventory, manage relation with Yield and Inventory team in regards to pricing, change products/allocation of impressions across products)
- Ensure all campaign detail aligns between the media plan, agency IO and Fattail Adbook order and maintain this alignment throughout the campaign lifecycle
- Monitor and optimize campaign metrics for delivery and KPIs; provide detailed reporting and recommendations to all internal and external teams.
- Attend weekly meetings with assigned sales/business unit leads and provide updates on campaign pipeline, pacing and delivery.
- Manage the communication of plan details to Project Managers and Technical Account Managers to ensure a seamless launch
- Liaise with Finance and Technical Account Managers as needed to close monthly billing
- Work with Data/Analytics, Project Management and Marketing Teams to product Final Reporting and Campaign Recaps
- 2-4 years digital experience with a background in marketing analysis, sales planning, yield/pricing
- Ability to independently prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines across multiple clients
- Flexible, personable attitude; ability to develop excellent professional relationships with all level of personnel
- BA/BS required
- Previous AdBook and DFP experience preferred.
Back to top