Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O Daily. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels-print, digital, video, and social-with sophisticated content creation, distribution and data capabilities. We create, package, and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
ThePioneerWoman.com is seeking a video editor/producer to oversee the brand's video efforts across TPW.com, Facebook, and Instagram. The video editor will be responsible for creative development, production, and post-production, as well as editing scripts and videos. The ideal candidate will have a keen understanding of the digital landscape and a strong drive to create engaging editorial video content that offers a fresh, fun, on-brand approach to The Pioneer Woman's food and recipe vertical.
In addition to having a great eye, this person must be able to collaborate seamlessly with our edit team and Food Director to bring The Pioneer Woman's recipes to life in video. Ideal candidates will be proficient in all production stages, from ideation to execution, as well as comfortable with lighting, shooting, and editing.
Please note: this role is based in our Birmingham, AL offices. For consideration, resumes must be received in pdf format with salary requirements and a link to a portfolio of work. Links to video samples must be included.
What You'll Do:
- Work alongside Food Director and recipe developers to create videos every week.
- Oversee all post-production.
- Implement best practices for social video strategy to ensure maximum performance and monetization.
- You are knowledgeable in all facets of editorial-brand video production with an understanding of camera and lighting equipment.
- You have at least five to seven years of professional post-grad experience in producing/shooting/editing editorial-brand videos, particularly food/recipe videos.
- You have demonstrated ability to produce internet-forward/highly engaging short and long-form videos.
- You are proficient with Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, and other Creative Suite products.
- You have proven ability to manage and lead a team of shooters, editors, producers, and assistants.
- You can manage multiple projects while meeting tight deadline.
- You are able to work flexible hours as needed.